- Buddy Up
- Fit for Snow
- Objects are Closer
- Steamboat Activities ADA Essential Eligibility Criteria
- Steamboat SnowSports School Essential Eligibility Criteria for Lesson Products
- Uphill Access
- Patrols AEDs
- Deep Snow
- Drone Policy
- Kids on Lifts
- Lids on Kids
- Mountain Safety
with an Agent
Steamboat Ski Resort
Being ParkWise in Steamboat means understanding and abiding by some simple rules of the park called SmartStyle.
- Make a Plan - Every time you use freestyle terrain make a plan for each feature you use. Your speed, approach and take-off will directly affect your maneuver and landing
- Look Before You Leap - Before getting into freestyle terrain observe all signage and warnings
- Use your first run as a warm-up run and to familiarize yourself with the park layout and features
- ATML: When first inspecting the jumps consider the following elements of each jump:
(A) The approach zone is for setting your speed and stance
(T) The Take-off zone is for making moves that start your trick
(M) The Maneuver zone is for controlling your style
(L) The Landing Zone is for getting straight and riding away clean.
- Remember that the features change constantly due to weather, usage and time of day so it is important to continue to inspect features throughout the day.
- Easy Style It - Know your limits and ride within your ability
- When starting out, look for small progression parks and features and then work your way up to medium or largeparks and features. Freestyle Terrain comes in different sizes so make sure and start small and work your way up before going into larger parks.
- Stay in control both on the ground and in the air.
- Remember you can control how big or small you take the feature by varying speed and take off.
- Inverted aerials increase the chance of serious injury and are not recommended.
- Respect Gets Respect - Respect the terrain and all others
- One person on a feature at a time.
- Wait your turn and call your drop-in.
- Always clear the landing area quickly.
- Respect all signs and stay off closed features.
- Remember that respect is important both in the park, and on the rest of the resort. So be smart when you are heading down the mountain or to the lift and save your best tricks for the park.
- YOU ARE IN CONTROL
Don’t get in the backseat
Control your speed
Land on your feet
YOU ARE IN CONTROL…
Under Colorado law, a skier assumes the risk of any injury to person or property resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of skiing and may not recover from any ski area operator for any injury resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of skiing, including: Changing weather conditions; existing and changing snow conditions; bare spots; rocks; stumps; trees; collisions with natural objects; man-made objects; or other skiers; variations in terrain; and the failure of skiers to ski within their own abilities. The Ski Safety Act includes cliffs, extreme terrain, jumps and freestyle terrain as inherent dangers and risks of the sport.
IN CASE OF INJURY
- If someone is injured, cross skis or place a snowboard securely in the snow above the accident.
- Call Patrol 970.871.5911. If emergency call 911.
- Patrol will ask for the number of the phone from which you are calling, the exact location of injury, the description of the injured person and nature of the injury.
- Remain calm
Steamboat discourages the use of electronic devices (cell phones, music players or earphones) while skiing/riding in our parks or unloading lifts.
The Coca-Cola Company enjoys being the Official Soft Drink Sponsor to Steamboat and is honored to have the opportunity. Coca-Cola® offers the complete beverage experience while you are hard at work out on the slopes.
KIND makes healthy, delicious snacks with ingredients you can see and pronounce. We use high quality, nutrient-rich, whole ingredients –like whole nuts and whole grains – flavored with a variety of fruits and spices.
At Monster we choose to support the scene, our bands, our athletes and our fans. Led by our athletes, musicians, employees, distributors, partners and fans, Monster is...A lifestyle in a can.
Allow us to introduce ourselves. We’re noosa, and we make yoghurt, but not just any yoghurt. Ours is thick and velvety. Sweet and tart. It’s a labor of love made in the best state ever, Colorado.
Anheuser-Busch is proud to support Steamboat Ski Resort by providing adult consumers with a diverse portfolio of beer brands that reflect the company's commitment to quality, heritage and innovation.
Korbel is Steamboat Ski Resort's Official Champagne Powder® partner and is proud to support Steamboat as the presenting sponsor of the 50th Anniversary Celebration.
A little bit of honey. A whole lot of Jack. Fly Straight. Drink Responsibly.
Nothing can compare to SmartWool for the ultimate in performance, comfort and easy care. SmartWool is superior at vaporizing moisture, controlling temperature and odor, and is guaranteed not to itch or shrink.
GoPro makes the world’s most versatile cameras, enabling people to capture immersive and engaging footage of themselves during their favorite activities.
Vasque is proud to be outfitting Steamboat Ski & Resort with technical, outdoor performance footwear. Vasque is built for all day comfort on the trail, whether it is covered with snow, rock or dirt. Visit the Vasque website (vasque.com).
IT DOES SO MUCH MORE THAN BUY THINGS - The American Express® Card rewards. It protects. It offers one-of-a-kind-experiences. And your Card is a powerful financial tool.
Created to celebrate the diversity of California's wine growing regions; Robert Mondavi Private Selection wines are sourced from vineyards ideally suited for each variety, resulting in quality wines that go elegantly and easily to the table for every occasion.
For decades, the Wrangler® patch has stood for the authenticity that is the heart of the Western heritage. From the Official ProRodeo Competition Jean, and Steamboat's Signature Cowboy Downhill, Wrangler has your style.
With our commitment to the environment comes close cooperation with the US Forest Service.