Load and Unload with Care
Informative video for kids to learn how to get on and off the lifts.
Lift opening and closing times are subject to change without notice. Please review lift status for current information.
Kids on Lifts: TIPS FOR RESPONSIBLE LIFT USE
It’s YOUR Responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely.
- Ask the lift attendant for help if you need assistance. The smallest kids should load closest to the attendant.
- Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading.
- If you are not ready to slide out to wait for the chair when it is your turn, it is OK! Just stand and wait for the chair to go past and wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for approaching chair and then sit and scoot all the way to the back of the chair once seated.
- Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
- Absolutely NO horseplay on the lifts. This includes throwing snowballs and clicking your skis together to drop snow off them.
Getting On: As a chair passes you at the 'wait here' sign, move ahead quickly to the 'load here' sign and line up evenly. When the next chair comes behind you, sit on the seat, and slide back as far as you can to keep from falling off the chair.
Riding the Lift: Sit back, hold on, sit still.Sit way back to keep from falling from the chair and enjoy the ride to the top! No horsing around, it’s dangerous when you are riding up in the air.
Getting Off: At the 'unload here' sign it is time to get off. Stand up, and ski down the ramp. Watch for others ahead and ski around them. Move out of the way quickly, so others can unload too.
This is a partial list. It's your responsibility to always be safety conscious. To learn more, visit www.kidsonlifts.org.
RFID Frequently Asked Questions
RADIO FREQUENCY GATES
RFID gates are in operation at the Gondola, Preview, Christie Peak Express, Christie III and Thunderhead lifts. rich-text
I've seen scanning at other resorts, is RFID better?
What is RFID?
What information is stored on RFID passes/QuickTrax card?
Will my RFID Pass/QuickTrax card interfere with other RFID products?
Where should I carry my QuickTrax card?
What about RFID and medical devices such as pacemakers?
The SKIDATA lift access system is CE certified and complies with all international standards. It was found that with the proper use of SKIDATA devices there is no danger for persons using pacemakers when passing through a hands-free entry system. Individuals with such medical devices should be familiar with any precautions recommended for use with devices generating electromagnetic waves. The general recommendations for using electromagnetic units should be observed:
- Guests with pacemakers should wear their lift access media cards away from the heart when passing through the gate and a distance of 8 to 12 inches should be observed in the case of queues and while passing through the gate.
- If you prefer not to pass through the gate, please alert lift staff and you will be given alternative direction for lift access.
- If vertigo or sickness is experienced, get out of the direct vicinity of the gate or device and notify lift staff.
Can a magnet destroy an RFID tag?
Can chips survive in pieces of clothing, washing machines and dryers?
Is it okay to carry my cell phone and my RFID card in the same pocket?
Will RFID interfere with other electronics?
|Lift Name||Lift Type||Vertical Rise||Minimum Riding Time|
|Bar-UE ||Double Chairlift ||1,380'||9:00 min |
|Bashor ||Double Chairlift ||315'||3:00 min|
|Burgess Creek||Triple Chairlift ||950' ||7:00 min|
|Christie Peak Express||Six-Person Chair||1,030' ||4:45 min|
|Christie III||Triple Chairlift||1,037' ||7:30 min|
|Elkhead||Quad Chairlift||710' ||2:30 min|
|Four Points||Triple Chairlift||1,366'||7:30 min|
|Gondola||High-Speed 8-Passenger||2,200'||9:00 MIN |
|Morningside||Triple Chairlift||542' ||6:00 MIN|
|Priest Creek (limited backup use only)||Double Chairlift||1,853'||10:30 MIN|
|Pony Express||High-Speed Quad||1,657'||5:20 MIN|
|Preview||Double Chairlift||60'||2:00 MIN|
|Rough Rider||Surface Lift||140'||3:00 MIN|
|South Peak||Triple Chair||340'||4:00 MIN|
|Storm Peak Express||High-Speed Quad||2,160'||7:00 MIN|
|Sundown Express||High-Speed Quad||1,936'||5:30 MIN|
|Sunshine Express||High-Speed Quad||1,300'||5:30 MIN|
|Thunderhead Express||High-Speed Quad ||1,638'||5:30 MIN|
Christie III and Priest Creek lifts operate based on skier traffic demand. Opening/closing times are subject to change without notice.