Cardboard Classic Confirmation
You MUST check in on the day of the event in order to participate. Check in will be in Gondola Square at the Coca-Cola tent near the Billy Kidd Statue from 9:00 to 10:00am on Saturday, April 15. You need to bring your $20 registration fee at this time, cash or check only, checks written to Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. (SSRC). Bring signed waivers for all craft riders or sign in person.Parents or guardians must sign for those 17 and under. You will also receive your craft bib at this time.
Only items allowed for the cardboard crafts include: glue, string, cardboard, water-based paint, duct tape, masking tape, packing tape, balloons and other decorations.
- No more than 6 people per craft.
- No children under 5 years of age allowed in crafts.
- No pets allowed in crafts.
- An adult must accompany children 5-10 years old.
- All event participants must have their bib/credential in order to be able to participate.
- No alcoholic beverages within the race arena – disqualification will be immediate.
Crafts will be judged during the Cardboard D'Elegance from 10:00 to 11:00am. Awards will be presented for best representation in the following categories:
- Coca-Cola Classic
- Most Creative
- Best Individual Craft
- Best Reproduction
- Judge’s Choice
- Best Costumes
- Crowd Favorite
- Best Engineering
- 9:00 - 10:00am: Participants must check in at the Coca-Cola Tent in Gondola Square or their spot will be released
- 10:00am - 11:00am: Cardboard D'Elegance/Judging
- 11:00am: 17 amd under race begins followed by 18+ race
- Award Ceremony will follow the end of race