Pond Skim Confirmation
Participants MUST check in on the day of the event in order to participate. If you do not check in, you will not be able to participate and your spot will be given to those competitors on the waiting list. Check in will be in Gondola Square at the Coca-Cola tent near the Billy Kidd Statue from 9:30 to 11:30am on Sunday, April 16. You need to bring your $20 registration fee at this time. Cash or check only. Checks can be written to Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. (SSRC). You will get your competitor bib at this time.
- You must bring your own skis or board depending on your watercraft preference.
- COSTUMES are highly encouraged.
- No full-figured powder skis permitted – waist maximum of 11.5cm.
- Any length of ski or board permitted.
- ABSOLUTELY no poles allowed on course.
- You must be at least 8 years or older to participate.
- No alcoholic beverages within the race arena – disqualification will be immediate.
There is only one division in the 2017 Splashdown Pond Skimming Championships. You must outdo all skiers and riders, men and women, children and the elderly if you are to be crowned the champion. Overall scores will be based on the following criteria:
- Costume: 10-point scale
- Distance: 1 points for every 5 feet crossed & 10 points for all the way
- Style: 10-point scale
- Crowd Response: 10-point scale based on the noise meter and overall crowd reaction
- Air: 10-point scale
- 9:30 - 11:30am: Check in at the Coca-Cola in Gondola Square
- 1:00pm: Pond Skim begins, first come, first serve basis
- Award Ceremony will immediately follow the end of race