The official Press and Media Info center for Steamboat
Director of Communications
Digital Communications Manager
The photo gallery above (use the arrows to navigate) represents our cache of images available for editorial purposes. Steamboat Images are the copyrighted property of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation and are intended for editorial purposes only. It is stipulated, that any editorial usage must carry identification of Steamboat/Photographer either in the caption or in the credit line. Please refer to the Image Usage Terms & Conditions (below) for specifics.
The resort maintains a complete library of high-resolution (300 dpi) images available for editorial only purposes.
Terms & Conditions
- Photo(s) means all photographic material furnished by Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation (Steamboat) and/or Photographer hereunder, whether transparencies, negatives, prints, digital images or otherwise.
- All photos must be used for editorial purposes only (newspapers, television stations, magazines and media news web sites only) and for the expressed promotion of the Steamboat Ski Area or Steamboat Springs, Colorado in general; unless prior written approval is obtained from Steamboat.
- All photos, trademarks and copyrights associated therewith shall remain the exclusive property of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation.
- Client acquires only the rights specified and assumes insurer's liabilities that indemnify Photographer and/or Steamboat for loss, damage, misuse of any images; and, if slides are sent, to return all slides prepaid, fully insured, safe and undamaged, by bonded messenger, express or registered mail.
- User will not make or permit any alteration, additional of subtractions in respect of the images, including without limitation any digitalization or synthesization of the photographs, alone or with any other materials, by use of computer or with other electronic means now or hereafter know without written consent of Steamboat being first obtained in each instance.
- Credit notice "Steamboat/Photographer's Name" must accompany each use as an adjacent credit line. For example: Steamboat/Larry Pierce. Credits can be found by opening image in Adobe Photoshop and going to File, then File Info.
- Internet usage of images must also carry credit notice in each instance as well as link to www.steamboat.com. In addition, online usage is typically for one winter season (not to exceed six months), unless prior written approval is obtained from Steamboat.
- Client may not assign or transfer this agreement or any rights granted hereunder.
- Lost or damaged duplicated photos are subject to a $50 fee per photo. Lost or damaged originals are subject to a minimum fee of $1500 per original depending upon the estimated value of the image(s) in question.
- Photographs, if slides or negatives are sent, must be returned within 30 days or by prior agreement.
- By using these images, Client agrees to the above terms and conditions.
Request a photoTo request usage of a Steamboat image, please email us
We welcome visits by media representatives on assignment and are glad to provide assistance to make your job easier.
Complimentary product, including lift tickets and rental equipment, is available to media members on assignment specific to travel, Steamboat, Colorado and skiing/snowboarding upon approval from the Steamboat PR department based on availability. We typically require a letter of assignment on company letterhead from your editor, publisher, news director or producer or publication that has accepted your story pitch for publication, that includes a date when your piece is expected to run. We also ask that you send your story once it has been published. To allow for proper vetting and planning, members of the press and fellow Public Relations professionals shall make inquiries a month prior to requests. Last minute requests may not be approved; the PR department may decline any request.
Complimentary and discounted products for additional guests and journalists on vacation are evaluated on a case-by-case scenario and usually are not offered. The PR department will determine what is offered to each journalist based on dates requested, employment with established media outlet, etc.
Journalists requesting lodging at the Steamboat Grand Hotel must be covering the hotel for media purposes. Steamboat Ski Resort does not operate other lodging outlets and journalists inquiring about other properties shall make those requests directly to the lodging property.
Steamboat Ski Resort & Corporation owns and operates the ski resort in Steamboat and the Steamboat Grand Hotel. Other entities and activities that are not affiliated with the resort may not offer complimentary or discounted rates to visiting media and the PR department is not responsible for providing complimentary product not affiliated with the resort. Media members may request complimentary product from other outlets. In some cases the PR department can assist with making connections.
Providing the best experience for our guests is paramount and therefore, we do not offer complimentary media product during peak periods including Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year, MLK Weekend, President's Day Weekend and Easter (Spring Break periods may apply). In some instances a media rate might be available during peak period, requests need to be provided with at least one month’s notice to be considered for media rates.
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation
2305 Mt. Werner Circle
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487