CHANGES WITHIN 24 HOURS WILL INCUR A $100 FEE. rich-text
ADULT GROUP LESSONS
(Skiers & Snowboarders ages 18 & Up - All Levels)
Snowboarders meet at green flags uphill of school house, skiers meet at black flags below school house. Lessons run 10am to 3pm daily.
KIDS & TEENS GROUP LESSONS
(Skiers & Snowboarders First Grade – 17 yrs.)
Skiers meet on snow by the school house at blue flags, snowboarders meet uphill of school house at green flags. Lessons run 9:30am to 3pm daily.
Kids Vacation Center
(Skiers and Snowboarders Ages 2½ yrs. – Kindergarten)
Meet at KVC, located at the lower level of Gondola building. Lessons run 9am to 3pm daily. KVC opens at 8:15am. Lift access provided.
(Ages 1 yr. – Kindergarten)
Meet at KVC, located at the lower level of Gondola building.
(Skiers & Snowboarders First Grade – 15 yrs.)
Skiers meet on snow by the school house, snowboarders meet uphill of school house at Green flags.
Private Lessons Meeting Area
Private lessons meet at the gold meeting flags by the Gondola Stage. rich-text
Please try and pick up all tickets the day before your scheduled lesson to eliminate wait time the day of.
• If you already have your lesson tickets, you may proceed directly to the designated meeting area (see Base Area Map above).
• Guests who have not received lesson tickets prior to arrival will need to pick them up in the Ticket Office before going to the meeting area. All participants must also sign a liability form.
• Private lessons do not require a lesson ticket; however participants must sign a liability form.
• All students are required to have a lift ticket.
• Lift tickets can be pre-ordered through Steamboat Reservations at 800-299-5017. This includes Kids Ski Free tickets and discounted tickets for kids and teens participating in lessons.
• Please have your lift ticket with you upon arrival to your lesson. rich-text
Purchase and Refund Policies
- All products are available for an advance purchase price, paid in full at least 7 days prior to the lesson date. On-site purchases and reservations made inside of 7 days prior to the lesson date are available at the regular rate.
- Reservations for products booked and paid in full more than 7 days in advance (subject to the guidelines below) receive a 10% discount, not inclusive of add on lift products. Advance Purchase discount not valid with any other discount offer.
- A non-refundable $100 deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival or 14 days for groups. Should an illness/injury arise, deposit is fully refundable.
- Cancellation of reservation up to 30 days out are fully refundable.
- Cancellations within 48 hours, as well as no shows, will result in the first full day’s activity charges and subsequent bookings will be cancelled.
- Once the first day of the reservation has occurred refunds will only be granted based on documented injuries and medical conditions preventing the individual from skiing/riding.
- No shows for private lessons are charged full rate for first day, remainder of bookings are cancelled.
All students age 17 and under participating in lessons, KVC, group or private, must wear a helmet. Additionally, students of any age (group or private) using a terrain park that is fenced and designated by the orange Terrain Park oval must wear a helmet. rich-text
What to Bring in preparation for your lesson
• Helmet – your own or we rent them
• Eye protection – goggles or sunglasses
• Sunscreen applied before lesson
• Snack in jacket
• Mittens or gloves
• One pair of socks
• Don’t forget to drink lots of water!
Lesson Dining Information
Levels 5-8 Lunch (group lessons ages 1st grade - 17 years):
• Thunderhead or Rendezvous
• Options: Burgers, Hotdogs, Pizza and salad or Chef Special
Levels 1-4 Lunch (group lessons ages 1st grade - 17 years):
• Round-Up Room at Base Area
• Options: Pasta, Mexican food, Chicken, Pizza, Cookie rich-text
Kids' Vacation Center
We look forward to having your child join us this winter. All children ages 2 ½ to kindergarten registered for skiing (2 ½ years old and up) and snowboarding (4 years old and up) programs will check in daily at the KVC. These programs are ticketless so you do not need to worry about keeping track of tickets, lift access is provided for the participants in the vests they will wear while they are out on the snow. Your reservation lists the dates you are enrolled.
• The Kids’ Vacation Center is located slope side in the lower Gondola building.
• All skiers and snowboarders ages 3 ½ years to kindergarten: KVC main entrance.
• Skiers ages 2 ½ - 3 ½ can go directly to the Childcare entrance, around the front of the KVC
Please check-in between 8:15am and 9:00am
• Come dressed to ski or snowboard- wear ski boots and outerwear. Have gloves/mittens, helmet and goggles ready to go.
• Do not bring bags/backpacks, extra clothes, snow boots, etc. If renting from the KVC, we will fit your child with equipment after check in.
• Label your gear. On your child’s first day of Ski School we will need to have everything labeled with your First and Last name. It is highly recommended that you label your child’s belongings with permanent marker before leaving home. Label jacket, pants, layers, helmet, goggles and gloves/mittens. If you own your own ski equipment, please label that, too. Helmets and Protective Eyewear Required!
• At check-in we will issue report cards and place your child in a class level.
Level 1 Buckaroo:Magic Carpet
Never skied before
Level 1+ Buckaroo:Magic Carpet
My child has been on skis some. Working on stopping in a wedge.
Level 2 Buckaroo: Magic Carpet
Child can stop and make a gliding wedge. Learning how to make wedge turns in both directions. May be better on one side.
Level 2+ Sundance: Upper Magic Carpet
Can link wedge turns and maneuver through cones. Still working on speed control and following behind teacher.
Level 3 Preview
Mastering round wedge turns with control and following in a line. Needs more practice. Child is able to ride chairlift with an adult.
Level 3+ Gondola: Why Not
Maintains speed control through linked wedge turns with confidence. Lots of mileage.
Level 4 Green Run Skier
Starting to bring skis together (matching) at the end of the turn with control.
Level 5 Blue Run Skier
Skidding on corresponding edges early in the turn. Mastering speed control. Introduced to flexion, extension, and independent foot movements.
• Lunch and Snacks are provided – if your child has any allergies please remind us when you check in and we will make any necessary arrangements for “Special Handling & Care!”
• We are a Nut Free Zone – please do not provide any snacks for your child that contains any type of nut.
SKIER PICK-UP is just outside the facility on the snow. Please be on time, so you can speak with your child’s instructor about how the day went. Pick-up time for children’s ski programs is 2:45pm- 3:00 pm. rich-text