Jul. 14, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THE BALLOON GLOW IS WEATHER DEPENDENT. IN THE EVENT OF RAIN OR HIGH WINDS IT COULD BE CANCELED.
Where to Watch & How to Get There
• The best spots to view the balloons up close are on the Promenade walkway and hillside leading up to Torian Plum Plaza.
• To view the balloons from afar, find a spot on the Saddles deck, Gondola Square pavers or Torian Plum Plaza.
• When walking around the balloons, stick to the grassy area between Burgess Creek and the Christie Lift base.
• Hitch a ride to the event with the SST free bus or check if your lodging company provides free shuttles.
• Parking in the Knoll Lot is free , with a walk to the base area.
• Paid parking is available in Gondola Square Parking Structure and the Steamboat Grand Parking Structure.
• If you are walking down to the base area from mountain-side lodging please use the path located under the gondola for best access.
Areas to Avoid
• Certain areas on the mountain and in the base area will have ropes, signs and barriers signifying closed areas. Please respect all closures and do not enter these spaces.
• Climbing towers, lifts, chairs or mountain coaster is strictly prohibited. Guests may be asked to leave the event if they are attempting to do so.
• The Maverick mini-golf course is not open during this time and we ask that guests refrain from standing on the greens to view balloons. The Mountain Coaster loading building is also off-limits for the Balloon Glow.
• The Steamboat Stage is closed to the public for the Coca-Cola Movies on the Mountain showing.
• Underneath The Preview and Christie Lifts’ chairs and in lift loading areas are not appropriate places to view the balloons. In fact your view will be impeded; there are plenty of other great viewing areas.
• The Balloon Glow takes place in the dark. If you are walking on the mountain to access your condo we recommend bringing a flashlight or headlamp to light your way.
• Don’t forget your camera or phone, the Balloon Glow makes for great pictures.
• Use #SteamboatGlow to share your photos with Steamboat
• Guests are invited to bring low-back chairs and blankets to view the Movie on the Mountain after Balloon Glow. Please do not designate your preferred viewing spot until after the Balloon Glow is complete.
• Dogs are best left at home for this event.
After the Glow
Stick around after the Balloon Glow for Movies on the Mountain in Gondola Square.
8:00 PM — 9:00 PM
2305 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO