On Saturday after the Hot Air Balloon Rodeo & Art in the Park
, the fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down. Head back to Steamboat Ski Resort on Saturday night by the base of the Steamboat Ski Area for an evening of sensory delight. View the beauty of six magnificent hot air balloons that will illuminate the Mountain Village. Spectators can stroll among the standing balloons or bring your camp chairs and watch from the slopes of the mountain.Where to Watch & How to Get There
• The best spots to view the balloons up close are on the Promenade walkway and hillside leading up to Torian Plum Plaza.
• To view the balloons from afar, find a spot on the Bear River deck, Saddles deck, Gondola Square base area and Torian Plum Plaza.
• When walking around the balloons, stick to the grassy area between Burgess Creek and the Christie Lift base.
• Hitch a ride to the event with the SST free bus or check if your lodging company provides free shuttles.
• Parking in the Knoll Lot is free , with a walk to the base area.
• Paid parking is available in Gondola Square Parking Structure and the Steamboat Grand Parking Structure.
• If you are walking down to the base area from mountain-side lodging please use the path located under the gondola for best access.Areas to Avoid
• Certain areas on the mountain and in the base area will have ropes, signs and barriers signifying closed areas. Please respect all closures and do not enter these spaces.
• The area between viewers left of Stampede trail to Christie Lift is closed for construction, please do not walk or stand in this area.
• The area between the dirt road that begins just off Slopeside Bar & Grill’s patio to Christie Lift is also closed, please do not walk or stand in this area.
• Climbing towers, lifts, chairs or mountain coaster construction is strictly prohibited. Guests may be asked to leave the event if they are attempting to do so.
• The Maverick mini-golf course is not open during this time and we ask that guests refrain from standing on the greens to view balloons. The Mountain Coaster loading building is also off-limits for the Balloon Glow.
• The Steamboat Stage is closed to the public due to a concert and Coca-Cola Movies on the Mountain showing.
• Underneath The Preview and Christie Lifts’ chairs and in lift loading areas are not appropriate places to view the balloons. In fact your view will be impeded; there are plenty of other great viewing areas.Other Suggestions
• The Balloon Glow takes place in the dark. If you are walking on the mountain to access your condo we recommend bringing a flashlight or headlamp to light your way.
• Don’t forget your camera or phone, the Balloon Glow makes for great pictures.
• Use #SteamboatGlow to share your photos with Steamboat
• Guests are invited to bring low-back chairs and blankets to view the Movie on the Mountain after Balloon Glow. Please do not designate your preferred viewing spot until after the Balloon Glow is complete.
• Dogs are best left at home for this event.After the Glow
Stick around after the Balloon Glow for Movies on the Mountain
in Gondola Square.